Our Safety Measures
We are committed to providing a safe environment for all PWPL staff and patrons. In order to do that, the following safety measures are in place…
- Masks, that cover your nose and mouth, are required to be worn at all times in the building (except for children under 2).
- Social distancing markers are in place, both inside and outside the building. People who are not members of the same household are asked to maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times.
- Scheduled deep cleanings throughout each day.
- An upgraded air filtration system including the installation of MERV 13 and 15 filters.
- Contactless services are available, including curbside pickup and home delivery.
- Returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before going back into circulation.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at all public service desks.
- Anyone feeling unwell or in close contact with someone unwell is asked to remain home.
- A maximum allowance of 45-minute visitation per-person per-day.
- Building capacity limits in place and enforced.
We’ve expanded our services to include on-site browsing and select services, with limits on capacity and time. Learn more about what’s available here.
Curbside Grab and Go Services are available Now! Learn more about this service here.
We are working to safely implement more on-site services. Learn more about PWPL Ahead: The Library’s Phased Reopening Plan.