Our Safety Measures
- Masks, that cover your nose and mouth, are required to be worn by unvaccinated patrons over the age of 2 at all times in the Library.
- Individuals who are not members of the same household are asked to maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times.
- An upgraded air filtration system has been implemented, including the installation of MERV 13 and 15 filters.
- Contactless services are available, including self-checkout, curbside pickup, and home delivery.
- Returned Port Washington items are quarantined for 24 hours before going back into circulation.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at all public service desks.
- Anyone feeling unwell or in close contact with someone unwell is asked to remain home.
- Regularly scheduled cleanings.
- Building capacity limits in place.
(Updated June 1, 2021)
We’ve expanded our services to include on-site browsing and select services, with limits on capacity and time.
Curbside Grab and Go Services are available Now! Learn more about this service here.
We are working to safely implement more on-site services. Learn more about PWPL Ahead: The Library’s Phased Reopening Plan below:
What hours are you open for on-site services?
We are open for browsing, public computing, and other select services on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 10 am to 8 pm, Wednesday from 11 am to 8 pm, Friday from 10 am to 6 pm, Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm, and Sunday from 1pm to 5pm, with time and capacity limits. Our curbside pickup services continue to be available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10 am to 8 pm, Friday from 10 am to 6 pm, Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm and from Sunday 1 pm to 5 pm.
Is there anything I should know before I come?
At this time, we have capacity limits and each patron’s in-building visit is limited to 90 minutes per day. These limits are subject to change. We are also requiring that all unvaccinated patrons who enter the building wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose. We recommend that all patrons wear masks at all times while inside the building. At this time, we also ask that if you are returning materials you continue to use the drop-boxes outside the Library.