Coronavirus (COVID-19) Special Message
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the Port Washington Public Library building is closed until further notice. Know that we are here for the Port Washington community through these difficult days.
While the Library building is closed, the Library remains open 24/7 online. Borrow e-books and e-audiobooks; stream TV, and movies; download and listen to music; and read digital newspapers and magazines. Students looking for remote homework assistance may utilize our Tutor.com service. If you don’t already have a library card, you can apply for a digital card, which grants you access to all of our online services. Continue to check back to our website as we roll out remote programming/events in the coming days.
A few other items impacted by our temporary closure:
- The April 7 Budget and Trustee Election has been postponed. Stay tuned to our election guide for future updates.
- Please do not return items to the Library at this time. Due dates have been extended beyond our re-opening. Any fines incurred during our closure will be waived upon our re-opening.
- Library cards that were set to expire have been automatically renewed through July 1.
- PWPL’s Health & Medicine Resources and Databases
- Center for Disease Controls and Prevention (CDC)
- New York State Department of Health
- Nassau County Department of Health
- MedlinePlus – Online Health Information Resource
- New England Journal of Medicine
- World Health Organization
Have a question, concern or suggestion? Contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 516-883-4400 ext. 1101.
Stay well and safe.
Keith Klang, Library Director