Kids in grades K through 5 are invited to play our adventure game to help win books for their school libraries. The grade that has the most participants will be the winner!
Beginning April 14th, your first task is to find the QR code near the entrance of the library to register and receive your first clue. Then take a stroll through town following the QR code clues that also reveal fun facts and videos about Port Washington.
Watch our introductory video and read the rules below.
The Great Library Card Adventure is a cooperative program between Children’s Services and the elementary schools of Port Washington.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Port Washington Public Library.
In collaboration with the elementary schools of Port Washington, Children’s Services is proud to present the return of the “Great Library Card Adventure.” This year we are bringing our adventure back to Main Street.
Information about the Game:
- From April 14th through May 1st, children in grades K through 5 are invited to play our game and help win books for their school libraries.
- To get started visit the library and find the first QR code on the doors in front of the building (kids bring a grownup!). This is how you will register, get instructions and your first clue, then take a walk on Main Street. Use your smartphone to search for QR codes that reveal fun facts and video clues about Port Washington Landmarks.
- It is important that every child that is eligible to play registers as the grade that has the most participants will win books for their classroom.
- For kids who prefer not to use a smartphone, a paper version will be provided during library hours.
- Children must have an adult present for the duration of the game.
- Each child that plays will be entered into a daily raffle upon completion of the game by emailing us a selfie with their name and grade (email to email@example.com).
- The game can only be played once to receive credit for your grade and to be entered in the raffle.
- On a few random days we will add an extra challenge to your walk. It might be as simple as coming to the children’s room when you are done to say hello or as hard as finding an extra hidden item while you are walking!
- Parents, Legal Guardians or Supervising Adults expressly assume all risks associated with their child/children, and any others they are supervising, during participation in the Great Library Card Adventure. Parents, Legal Guardians or Supervising Adults further certify that their child/children, and any others they are supervising, are in good physical condition, and have no medical or physical conditions that would restrict their participation in this event.