Disclaimer: The Port Washington Public Library is providing this valuable information as a listing of local COVID-19 Relief Efforts. PWPL does not actively solicit donations on behalf of or endorse non-profit organizations.
- Island Harvest Food Bank: Donate and volunteer, Food pantries near Port Washington
- Long Island Cares food pantry locator (offers grocery delivery)
- Community Chest of Port Washington
Local Election Information
- Port Washington Board of Education Candidates Virtual Forum
- Message from the Board of Trustees regarding the PWPL Budget and Trustee Vote
- Nassau County Board of Elections Information
For more information or assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental Health Resources
- National Alliance of Mental Health Information and Resource Guide
- New York State’s Office of Mental Health
|New York State Office of Mental Health Emotional Support Line||1-844-863-9314||8AM – 10PM Everyday|
|Nassau County Helpline||516-227-8255||10AM – 11PM Everyday|
|Project Independence for people over 60||516-869-6311||9AM – 7PM Everyday|
|Long Island Crisis Center||516-679-1111||24/7|
Information about COVID-19
- Center for Disease Controls and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- New York State Department of Health
- Nassau County Department of Health
- New England Journal of Medicine
- PWPL Health and Medicine Resources and Databases
Here are some tutorials by library staff to make your own reusable cloth mask, with or without a sewing machine.