COVID-19 VACCINE RESOURCES
Can you get the vaccine? Click here to see if you are eligible.
Español | 简体中文 | Tiếng Việt | 한국어 | Other Languages
The COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline is open 7AM – 10PM, 7 days a week, for scheduling vaccination appointments for eligible New Yorkers: 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829).
Nassau County has launched a dedicated hotline to assist seniors in scheduling vaccine appointments.
Call 516-227-9590 Monday-Sunday 9:00 am-4:45 pm.
The first COVID-19 vaccines are here. Due to limited supply from the federal government, availability is limited. More and more New Yorkers will become eligible as the vaccine supply increases. While the vaccination process is underway, every New Yorker should wear a mask, social distance, and avoid small and large gatherings.
Three vaccines have been authorized by the FDA and approved by New York State’s independent COVID-19 Clinical Advisory Task Force: Pfizer and BioNTech (two doses), Moderna (two doses), and Johnson & Johnson (one dose).
**Three new vaccination sites have just opened in Nassau County and eligible New Yorkers may begin making appointments as soon as March 19. Call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX or visit https://on.ny.gov/3qSEkGG
Information about COVID-19
- Center for Disease Controls and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- New York State Department of Health
- Nassau County Department of Health
- New England Journal of Medicine
- PWPL Health and Medicine Resources and Databases
Here are some tutorials by library staff to make your own reusable cloth mask, with or without a sewing machine.
Disclaimer: The Port Washington Public Library is providing this valuable information as a listing of local COVID-19 Relief Efforts. PWPL does not actively solicit donations on behalf of or endorse non-profit organizations.
- Island Harvest Food Bank: Donate and volunteer, Food pantries near Port Washington
- Long Island Cares food pantry locator (offers grocery delivery)
- Project Independence Heart Smart 2020
- Community Chest of Port Washington
- Port Washington Kindergarten Information: Orientation | Registration
- Información de kindergarten de Port Washington: Orientación | Registron [En Espanol]
- Free Medicaid enrollment assistance by phone to adults and children disabled or blind and anyone over the age of 65 during the month of March 2021 from Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council – 631-435-3000
(Spanish | English)
- USDA Extends Summer Meal Program Waivers Through September 30, 2021
- Schedule of exercise/activity classes on Zoom for Seniors
- Free Tutoring and Test Prep Webinars from Huntington Learning Center of Manhasset
- Port Washington Community Blood Drive – Friday, April 30, 2021 from Noon-6:00pm at Port Washington Senior Center
- Give a “Litter” Bit Community Cleanup Via Residents Forward (En Español )
Free Virtual Remote Tax Filing Assistance via HWCLI (The Health and Welfare Council of Long Island) – For more information on our program, please call 516-738-0447 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or assistance, please email email@example.com.
Mental Health Resources
- National Alliance of Mental Health Information and Resource Guide
- New York State’s Office of Mental HealthBelow is a list of resources to keep your mind and body healthy and happy.
Cardio workouts at home videos
Cathe Friedrich at Home Workouts
30 Days of Yoga video series
Six-Week Intermediate 5K Training Plan
Natural Medicines Covid-19 Advisory
Healthy Eating on a Budget
My Plate Plan
MedlinePlus Health Health Topics: Nutrition
- Mind/ Body Connection
The Best Meditation Apps of 2020
Daily Calm (meditation videos)
Ecopsychology: How Immersion in Nature Benefits Your Health
- Senior Health
Exercising with Chronic Conditions
Workout videos for older adults
Prevent Falls and Fractures
Senior Health: Tips for Successful Aging
|New York State Office of Mental Health Emotional Support Line||1-844-863-9314||8AM – 10PM Everyday|
|Nassau County Helpline||516-227-8255||10AM – 11PM Everyday|
|Project Independence for people over 60||516-869-6311||9AM – 7PM Everyday|
|Long Island Crisis Center||516-679-1111||24/7|