Borrow a pass for free admission to any of the museums listed below.
NEW! Museum Pass Express Program. This allows you to choose from a selection of first-come, first-served passes, located at the Information Desk. Museums listed below with ** symbol are those also available as part of the Express Program.
The Museum Pass Program is Funded by the Friends of the Port Washington Public Library
Use our online calendar system to place your reserve. Each pass has different guidelines, so be sure to read the admission policy. Visit the websites to learn more about any museum.
- **Children’s Museum of Manhattan – free admission for four people at a time (2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children). Additional guests must pay. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Caregivers under the age of 18 must receive prior authorization before entering the museum. 10% discount on store purchases.
- **Children’s Museum of the Arts – free admission for all children from one household and two accompanying adults. Guaranteed entry on busy days. Exclusive early access to the museum before general hours on selected school holidays. Priority seating at the Clay Bar on the weekends.
- Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery & Aquarium – free admission for two adults and up to four children (under 18). Access to the Hatchery’s two aquarium buildings and the outdoor ponds where brook and rainbow trout are raised. Easy hiking trails and picnic tables located throughout the grounds.
- Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum – general admission for one family only; maximum six people; not applicable for special programs.
- Cradle of Aviation Museum – free admission to the museum galleries for two adults and up to two children, 18 years and younger. Unlimited rides on the X-Ride. Discount on the purchase of Giant-screen, Planetarium, Nunley’s Carousel and additional Gallery tickets. 15% discount for the museum store. Discounts in the Red Planet Cafe. Discount on museum activities.
- The Frick Collection – this package consists of 2 passes to the Frick Collection. Each pass admits one person. Children under 10 are not allowed in the galleries. 10% discount at the Museum Shop.
- **Garvies Point Museum – one day’s free entry to the museum for either four adults (age 13 and older), or for one family group consisting of two adults and up to four children (ages 5 through 12). Children under 5 are free. Free admission to any films or programs scheduled on day of visit. 10% discount in gift shop. The Museum is closed on Sundays and Mondays. The Preserve is open 7 days a week during daylight hours.
- Heckscher Museum of Art – CLOSED ON MONDAYS & TUESDAYS – free admission for two adults and accompanying children under the age of 18.
- Holocaust Memorial & Tolerance Center – free admission for two adults and up to four children. Discounted admission to selected events. Access to 7000+ volume lending library.
- Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum – admission for up to six people per day. Express members-only line. Please note that the Library Membership pass includes entrance into the Enterprise Space Shuttle Pavilion.
- **Jewish Museum of New York – unlimited FREE admission for two adults and accompanying children up to the age of 18. 10% discount at all Museum shops.
- **Long Island Children’s Museum – free admission for four people per visit.
- Merchant’s House Museum – free admission for two adults and accompanying children under the age of 12.
- **Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) – free admission to MoMA and MoMA PS1 with priority entrance for the cardholder and four guests. Member Early Hour access to select special exhibitions from 9:30-10:30 a.m. daily. Save 10% at the MoMA Stores (in person only).
- **Museum of the City of New York – free unlimited admission for two adults and up to four children. 20% discount in the museum shop and 10% discount in Chalsty’s Café.
- Nassau County Firefighters Museum – free admission for up to four visitors. Discount at the museum store.
- **Nassau County Museum of Art – free admission for two adults and up to four children under the age of 16.
- **New-York Historical Society – free admission for two adults and accompanying children to the age of 18 to galleries and library (bypass admission lines). Reduced admission to all public programs. 10% discount on Museum Store purchases and at the Café. 20% discount on books at public programs and signings.
- **New York City Transit Museum – free admission for two adults and two children (up to age 17).
- Old Bethpage Village Restoration – free admission for 4 visitors during normal museum hours.
- **Old Westbury Gardens – free admission to the House and Gardens for two adults and their children. 10% discount at the Plant Shop and the Gift Shop.
- **Rubin Museum of Art – free admission for two adults and children under the age of 18. 10% discount at Cafe Serai and the shop. Discount on talks, films, concerts, and family programs.
- **Sands Point Preserve Conservancy – free parking and admission to all occupants of a car, SUV, or mini-van. Free admission to select fitness classes (including yoga and meditation). Discounts to seasonal celebrations and family programs. Discounts to select cultural events. Priority ticketing for select events.
- **Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum – free admission for four adults or students plus half-price tickets for additional guests. Children under 12 years of age are always free. Bypass ticket lines. 10% discount at the Guggenheim Store and cafe.
- Vanderbilt Mansion, Museum & Planetarium – free admission for two adults and four children (under age 18) to the Estate grounds and Museum exhibits. Free admission to one planetarium show per person. 10% discount at the gift shop. Museum hours vary widely. Please plan your visit accordingly.
- Walt Whitman Birthplace – free admission for two adults and children/grandchildren to Walt Whitman Birthplace and Interpretive Center. Free admission and/or substantial discounts on programs.