What hours are you open for on-site services?
We are open for browsing, public computing, and other select services on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday 10 am to 8 pm, Wednesday 11 am to 8 pm, Friday 10 am to 6 pm, Saturday from 9 am to 5 pm, and Sunday 1pm to 5pm, with time and capacity limits. Our curbside pickup services continue to be available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10 am to 8 pm, Friday 10 am to 6 pm, Saturday 9 am to 5 pm and Sunday 1 pm to 5 pm.
Is there anything I should know before I come?
At this time, we have capacity limits and each patron’s in-building visit is limited to 45 minutes per day. These limits are subject to change. We are also requiring that all who enter the building wear a mask that covers their mouth and nose. Masks must be worn at all times inside the building. At this time, we also ask that if you are returning materials you continue to use the drop-boxes outside the Library.
What services are available?
What safety precautions are you taking?
We are committed to providing a safe environment for all PWPL staff and patrons. In order to do that, the following safety measures are in place:
- Masks, that cover your nose and mouth, are required to be worn at all times in the Library (except for children under 2).
- Individuals who are not members of the same household are asked to maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times.
- An upgraded air filtration system including the installation of MERV 13 and 15 filters.
- Contactless services are available, including curbside pickup and home delivery.
- Returned Port Washington items are quarantined for 48 hours before going back into circulation.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at all public service desks.
- Anyone feeling unwell or in close contact with someone unwell is asked to remain home.
- A maximum allowance of 45-minute visitation per-person per-day.
- Regularly scheduled cleanings.
- Building capacity limits in place.