Walk-in notary services are available Monday through Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. There may be days or times when the notary is not available. We recommend calling 516-883-4400, ext. 1100 before coming in.
The notary is located in the Library’s Administration Office on the lower level.
Please be advised we are not attorneys and cannot provide any advice with regard to your transaction.
Steps to a Proper Notarization
- Personally appear before the notary.
- Provide proper identification.
Please bring one valid Government Issued Photo Identification and one piece of supporting identification.
- Valid forms of Government Identification include: Current Passport, Driver’s License, State ID, Resident Cards, Armed Forces or other Government Agency ID.
- Additional documentation can include: Voter registration cards, recognized corporate ID, University ID, Current Lease, Mortgage or Deed, home, vehicle or medical insurance.
- Unacceptable Forms of Identification include: Credit cards, Social Security Cards, Birth Certificates, temporary driver’s licenses and drivers licenses without photographs.
What a Notary Can & Cannot Do
- New York Notaries cannot certify copies of documents.
- New York notaries cannot notarize photos.
- Notaries at PWPL do not have the specialized knowledge required to execute a protest and therefore will decline any requests to notarize a protest. Please contact your attorney or Bank Representative
- New York Notary’s can notarize a document in another language if the Notarial Certificate and document signature are in English.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN WE PERFORM A NOTARIZATION IF THE SIGNER AND THE NOTARY CANNOT DIRECTLY COMMUNICATE WITH ONE ANOTHER IN ENGLISH.